Saturday, February 23, 2013

Crunchy cheese

I'm learning that cheese can be a little gritty if it's been aged a long time.  That's not a bad thing, it adds a dimension of texture in a food that otherwise is usually rather uniform.  The other way to make cheese crunchy is of course to cook it and burn it a little on the pan, like you do with grilled cheese.  I'd be interested someday to learn about the chemical makeup of cheese, but at the moment, I have way too much crap to do.

Today we had Cypress Grove Midnight Moon cheese.  It's a goat cheese and it's phenomenal.  There's a little bit of crunch and a little sweetness, but it is divine and creamy and I want to take a bath in it.

In honor of the goats whose milk created this delicious cheese, I present the following video, without further comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment